Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year!

I've never been a big celebrator of new years eve, especially with young kids we haven't been able to really party it up these past few years.  This year was not much different. I almost missed the countdown but James woke me up at 11:57 for a feed! I woke up in my groggy state and stared at the clock to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I quickly jumped out of bed to feed him and do the countdown with him. I must say this was one of my memorable new years eve countdowns.

So on with the new year are new resolutions.  This year I  hope to finish a full marathon with a smile on my face. I have decided with some buddies that we will run the Rochester Half this April. So, why not start the year right with a run.  It was a gorgeous day today and after a delicious dim sum lunch with friends, I went for a quick 5km run with a friend. This run proved to be my quickest 5km run since I got pregnant. My running mate pushed me which I truly didn't mind because I know I would not have pushed myself if I was alone. This week is the start of my half marathon training. I've decided to ease myself back to this distance with a training plan I used for my first ever half. I'm hoping to be able to complete it without injury. So 5 km done . . many more to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Antelope Canyon 50 Miler Recap Part 2

We were lucky that the race start was only a 15 minute drive from our hotel, so we were able to sleep until the very last minute.  Race star...