Sunday, 27 January 2013

Week 4

What a great start go week 4. I had been dying to get out and run with my running pal since I had the baby. But with timing and the crazy weather, I haven't been able to head out with her.We were finally able to nail down a date... TODAY!! I was so looking forward to it. She will be running the Rochester half with me in April, but is also going to be running the Gasparilla Half Marathon in Tampa, which you may recall was the first half we ever did together. I sadly will not be able to join her this year. It was 3 years ago that we ran our first half together. She has gone on to run many more with and without me :( She has patiently waited for me to have babies and recover. I will hopefully be going next year to run with her.

We decided to meet up where we used to run with our running group. It was just like old times. It has been almost 2 years that I've run with her. I had imagined it in my head for so long and it was just as I had imagined. I definitely rather run with someone than alone. We chatted the entire time. It was so nice to catch up with her and just have someone to talk to.  I hope I'll be able to get out more often with her.

She was kind enough to join me for a nice 10K today. It was a cool -3 but we warmed up quickly. It was nice to have her push me,  I'm sure she wanted to go a bit faster, but I'm glad she didn't. It's the longest distance I've run since having the baby. Looking forward to another week of running.
I was in such a rush to get home to the baby that I forgot to take picture of us today. Here's a photo of us after finishing the Montreal 21.1. Super wet race that day, but the course took us onto the Grand Prix Track. Great race !

Karen and I after Montreal 21.1 in 2010

After the run, I went home to celebrate ... I ate back all the calories I had burned on our run, but boy it was worth it.

Have a great week. How far did you run this weekend??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monument Valley 50 Miler Race Recap

Alarms were set and I was ready to go! It was my first ultra marathon.  I had spent the last 4 months of the Canadian winter training and co...