Friday 25 January 2013

The Mothership

Tonight was another run on the treadmill. We were getting another dumping of snow. It was beautiful and I was hoping to get outside, but it wasn't going to happen today. I had a date with my treadmill and a movie. I am actually starting to not mind running on the treadmill since I started watching movies. I have a nice little setup as you can see in the photo. It started with Magic Mike earlier this week. It was hard to focus ladies...if you know what I mean. .wink wink. Channing Tatum and Matthew McConnaughy know how to get the ladies off their feet. I almost fell off the treadmill when watching the movie. If you haven't seen it, go get it. It's a mindless movie full of eye candy.

Tonight, I was going to finish Eat, Pray, Love. I had started it 2 nights ago on my last training run. It's definitely a chick flick. All I could think about was the "balance" that Julia Robert's character was looking for. I started to think about my own life. Trying to balance being a good mom, wife, sister, daughter and friend. I also liked the scene where they all had to say what they were thankful for in their lives. I was overwhelmed with happiness when I thought about all the wonderful things God has blessed me with. I am truly thankful for all that I have. Most of all, having my health and being able to run. I ended up just running and not even thinking about the distance I had to cover tonight. I ended up running 5.88 miles, more than what I was supposed to cover.  Both the kids were sound asleep and I had to finish the movie so I just kept running. Hope the snow lets up and the sidewalks get shovelled so I can pound the pavement this weekend.


The Mothership
The Mothership a.k.a. the Dreadmill a.k.a the Treadmill. I have hung the medal from the Rochester Half marathon 2011 on one side of my iPad to motivate me, my 2 babies sound asleep for me to watch on their monitors and of course my iPad fully loaded with movies and music to keep me going :)
All done :)  Have a great weekend


No comments:

Post a Comment

Antelope Canyon 50 Miler Recap Part 2

We were lucky that the race start was only a 15 minute drive from our hotel, so we were able to sleep until the very last minute.  Race star...