Sunday 30 December 2012

Happy Holidays

I hope everyone had a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!! I had a great Christmas holiday. I also ate WAY TOO MUCH. The scale is not my friend right now. But, I guess that's what the holidays are all about. Good friends and great eats. I am very fortunate to have been able to eat so many delicious meals, but it's time to get down to start training.

We had a bit of a snowstorm right after Christmas.. wohoo!! I love snow. I am also trying to convince my kids that they love it too :)  Since we live in a country that has 4 seasons, I like to enjoy and try to get busy in all 4 of them. So we, bundled the kids up and sent them outside to use their imaginations and play. I remember how my brother and I would play outside for hours on end building fortresses, snowmen families and  having endless snowball fights.







Did I mention that I also like to run in the winter. There's something about the cool crisp air and the snow on the trees that make the run so picturesque. I also have to start really training properly for the Rochester half in April. It is exactly 18 Sunday's away. Which means I have to start my 16 weeks training NOW!! Yikes, I felt like I had tons of time, but I really don't. I decided to go for a run after I put the baby to bed last night. It was perfect as there was fresh snowfall and the snow was still falling. It was really perfect. I found all my winter running gear for my -13 degree run (that's with the windchill) I was able to run just under 6 kms.  I would have ran more, but phoned home around the 4km mark and found out that the baby had woken up and wasn't going back to sleep. I had to turn around and boot it back home. Today is technically long run Sunday. I will see if the baby will let me out tonight for a longish run. Keep you posted. Happy Running? How far did you run today?

Safety First


No comments:

Post a Comment

Antelope Canyon 50 Miler Recap Part 2

We were lucky that the race start was only a 15 minute drive from our hotel, so we were able to sleep until the very last minute.  Race star...