Saturday 1 December 2012

Coffee for all

I'm sitting in James dark nursery hoping that he is not going to wake. Remember my previous posts about the switcheroo of days for nights ? And how i could not wake him even if I plowed a dump truck through his room. Well now I think I've made matters worse. He hasn't slept for more than 30 minutes since last night. He's been up now for almost 12 hours solid. The only reason that we can come up with is the LARGE black coffee from Tim's. I've had the occasional cup of coffee since he was born and didn't think anything of it because he had been so sleepy. We had gotten used to him being wakeful at night but not like last night. Even hubs noticed he was different. Hubs got up and stayed with him for a few hours so I could get some sleep. Even if he had been awake for most of the night, he would pass out during the day. But, he has been up for the first half of today. I finally got him in his crib and it's been a whole 5 minutes. Woohoo!

It's funny how when I was working, I could function at all hours in every time zone and be up for over 24 hours and still be coherent. Now while on maternity leave I can't keep my eyes open. This kid is killing me slowly.

I had hoped to be writing about my awesome progress with my training but at this point I just want to pass out. This is when I would run to the basement and burn some serious calories or I would battle the dreadmill. I think today is another lay in bed day :(

He has now been asleep for a whole 15 minutes. I'm signing off and going to crash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Antelope Canyon 50 Miler Recap Part 2

We were lucky that the race start was only a 15 minute drive from our hotel, so we were able to sleep until the very last minute.  Race star...