Tuesday, 11 December 2012

Waiting game

It's been 11 days since my last post.. you guys miss me? What have I been doing? Hmmm trying to catch up on sleep and getting the house prepped for Christmas. Everything seems to take MUCH longer nowadays. I have been keeping up with working out and spending time pounding my dreadmill. I was hoping to be writing about some good news as this is the week that Nike is letting the entrants know if we were chosen to run in the inaugural Nike half marathon in Washington. They had told us that we would find out the week of December 10th, which was yesterday. I have been stalking my emails every second and they have yet to send any emails out.. ohh the anticipation. It's awful. I just want to know. It's terrible as it's all I think about. I don't feel like bad as I know there are thousands of other women other there like me who are doing the same thing. My next post will let you know whether or not we got it.

James seems to have figured out the day night thing, but now doesn't want to nap during the day. I guess I can't have it all. He's at least sleeping 3 hour segments in the evening and I'll take it for now. I was able to run on the dreadmill for a full hour yesterday. I was shocked that James did not start screaming as he usually does the moment I turn on the dreadmill or my Insanity workout. I've been trying to log more milage on my legs, but with no races booked I've gotten so lazy and unmotivated.

I have done more Insanity workouts as I am trying to build my core for Tough Mudder. Every so often they post photos on Facebook which just make me doubt myself and wonder what I have gotten myself into.

We got our Christmas tree last week ... yes a real one. Hubs was kind enough to go pick one up for us. Claire and I had an great time putting it all together.

What about all you out there? How's the buildup to the Christmas holidays coming along? 

Gotta get back to stalking my email to see if Nike has chosen me and my buddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monument Valley 50 Miler Race Recap

Alarms were set and I was ready to go! It was my first ultra marathon.  I had spent the last 4 months of the Canadian winter training and co...