Sunday 3 March 2013

Never enough time in the day

It's been a crazy 2 weeks since my last post. I've been trucking along with my running and logging most of my mileage on dailymile.com. Feel free to follow me as I try to get to my goal. A good friend of mine came into town for a visit last weekend and I was unable to squeeze in my long run so I ended up doing it this past week on the treadmill.

I have never ever ran for that long on the treadmill. I had to run 12 kms and the thought of it just about killed me, but there was no other way I was going to be able to get it in. So I sucked it up and did it. Luckily, I had a few movies loaded into the iPad and away I went. I finished an entire movie for that run. It helped make the run go by, but I also think I run slower when running to a movie. There is no pounding uptempo music to get me going, but there was no way I would have been able to run that distance without a movie or someone willing to sit and talk with me. I actually ran 10 km, then the baby woke and needed to be fed. I nursed him quickly and ran back down to the treadmill to do the last 2 km.  Thank goodness the treadmill is just in the basement.

My baby turned 5 months this week and I must say it's been flying by. He seems to be growing so much faster than my first. There never is enough time in the day to get everything done. And I feel so much busier on maternity leave than I do when I'm working. In some ways I can't wait to go back to work, but at the same time I am savouring every moment I have at home with my kids. Time management is not one of my best qualities, but trying to train for a half marathon/marathon has made me smarten up and to also love my treadmill.

Happy 5 months. I'm his teething toy


Today, my in laws were visiting which means I can head out for a run. I'm so glad they come for long run Sundays. It was cold and dreary, but I couldn't wait to get out. It was a bit warmer this week than my last run. It was -4 with the windchill -9. It felt much colder, but once I got moving, I was fine.  The only obstacles were the huge chucks of snow on the sidewalks. I felt like a hurdler for part of my run. I finished my 14km run in 1:33:12.  I finished the night off with a fabulous massage...oh yeah.. I'm ready for more now.


How were your runs this week? Have a Great week. 

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Antelope Canyon 50 Miler Recap Part 2

We were lucky that the race start was only a 15 minute drive from our hotel, so we were able to sleep until the very last minute.  Race star...