Wednesday 27 March 2013

Mid week wrap up

I am happy to announce the winner of the Endorphin Warrior Training Bracelet was Melissa. I hope she will enjoy her bracelet as much as I do.

I am now into week 12 of my 16 week training plan. I just finished my longest run to date this past Sunday. I ran 18.13 km in 1:55:39. I'm quite happy with my time. I'm hoping to keep it up for the race. My knee is doing well. It was a bit sore after the run. I'm working on strengthening my quads and hamstrings to help my knee out.

It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon. The roads were not that wet, so I decided to take my Newton Motion runners for a test. I had only run with them on the treadmill as I was transitioning over the those shoes. The shoes were very comfortable and light. Maybe Newton will send me a pair one day to review :)  My run buddy also picked up some Gu chomps for me to try out and this was the perfect run to give them a try. I'm still trying to decide what I will use for fuel on the actual race day.

My baby turned 6 months this week which means my maternity leave is half way over. Yes, in Canada we have the option of taking a year off for our maternity leave. The past 6 months have flown by, I'm not quite sure where the time went. I'm still trying to figure out his routine or shall I say help him get into a routine. With our first child I was quite strict with her daily routine but with baby 2, he just has to go with the flow. This has made my training a bit tough. I will continue to log the miles when I can and keep my eyes on the prize. Baby will be a big boy in no time, so I'll savour each moment I have left




Hope you're all having a great week

A

2 comments:

  1. WOW that is awesome about having the year off!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we're super lucky here in Canada. It used to be 6 months, but they changed that in 2000

      Delete

Antelope Canyon 50 Miler Recap Part 2

We were lucky that the race start was only a 15 minute drive from our hotel, so we were able to sleep until the very last minute.  Race star...