Saturday 17 November 2012

Number 2

James is number 2, as in our second child. He's 7 weeks old this week, which means I haven't slept in 7 weeks. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but do I ever miss my nice warm bed. Since I nursed number 1 for the first 13 months of her life, I feel like I should at least give number 2 the same option. The only difference this time is that I was NOT running when I had number 1. I only started running when she was almost 1 year old.

As a self confessed runaholic, I think, dream, and fantasize about running at least 100 times a day. I spend my spare time looking up races to add to my bucket list. I try to squeeze in a run whenever I can which at this time is quite hard since number 2 nurses/feeds almost every 3 hours.  I'm now in the search for a sports bra that will keep my "girls" happy.  When the OB gave me the all clear last week, I went straight out for a quick 5K run. I hadn't gone for a run outside since I was 37 weeks pregnant, so I was just giddy to be out again.

Since that 6 week post birth run, I haven't had a chance to get out again .. so sad. I am trying to build up my milage now on what I call the DREADMILL, which most of you all know as the treadmill.

Hubby found a Nike 10K Treadmill training audio file for us to listen to when on the treadmill. Since I'm stuck inside for now, I decided to give it a try. This is a 30 minute workout, which is perfect for me to squeeze in when James is sleeping.  Narrated by fitness guru Jay Blahnik with some funky music in the backgroud.  It was designed to help people train for the Nike 10K human race. You cover rolling hills, then flat road endurance and finish with speed work.

So how did I do??? Let's just say it's a pretty good workout. According to my dreadmill I covered 2.24 miles in the 30 minutes. My training pace was 4.5 mph, intervals were at 5.3 mph and resting at 3.6 mph. I was drenched at the end of the run and legs ready to give out. I will definately be incorporating this into my training. I highly recommend this to everyone.

My 2 babies. Number 1 is on the Right and Number 2 on the Left.
Both pictures were taken when each of them were 6 weeks old
James didn't sleep at all last night, so we've decided to try to sleep training. He likes to sleep all day and party all night.  I must sign off now and try to catch some zzz's before he wakes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Antelope Canyon 50 Miler Recap Part 2

We were lucky that the race start was only a 15 minute drive from our hotel, so we were able to sleep until the very last minute.  Race star...