Tuesday 20 November 2012

Insanity

I'm not usually a fan of video workouts, but with the limited time that I have right now to squeeze in a workout, I will try just about anything.  I've been hearing a lot about a workout called Insanity and decided to give it a try. I was told that I would get a killer workout and that I would not need any equipment.

The website says that it is a 60 day Total Body Conditioning Program led by personal trainer Shaun T. There are 10 discs in the set with different drills to get your into your best shape possible. After watching the video on the website I had to give it a try.

It starts with a fit test that covers a number of exercises that you will need to keep track of, because you are supposed to go back and check your progress after doing the Insanity videos. I just about died doing the fit test.... what was I getting myself into.

I decided to try the first DVD Plyometric Cardio Circuit. It's only 42 minutes long which is perfect for me. I was out of breath and soaking wet in sweat after only 10 minutes. I LOVED IT!!!  Even though the room was spinning and I thought I was going to throw up, it was a great feeling.

I don't think I will be able to do it every day for 60 days continuously , but will continue to work my way through the program.

The Insanity program does come with a nutrition plan, but at this point getting dinner on the table for my family is an obstacle, so I will definitely not be able to follow that part of the program. At this point, whatever is cooked or in the fridge is what I will be eating.

Would I recommend this??? Heck yes, check it out.  But as Shaun T says at the beginning of the DVD, consult with your physician before starting any kind of exercise program. This will get your heart rate up and the weight down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Antelope Canyon 50 Miler Recap Part 2

We were lucky that the race start was only a 15 minute drive from our hotel, so we were able to sleep until the very last minute.  Race star...