Monday 1 July 2013

OUCH.. Hand, Foot Mouth!

For all of you who have never heard of hand, foot, mouth disease, I highly suggest you go and Google it. My little guy caught the awful virus from who knows where and passed it onto me.  In one of my last posts, I had mentioned that he was sick. Well, we figured out what it was after I had the blisters all over my feet and a few on my hands.

The blisters burned and covered my feet which made week 5 of training quite painful. I'm one of those people that can take quite a bit of pain, but this was a tough one. I had to adjust my training days to accommodate my poor feet. I also ran the Color Me Rad 5K at the end of week 5, so I wanted to let my feet heal for that race.

A nice reminder I got this week
This past week was week 6 of the training plan and was a rest week, with a total of 42km to run before I start building up more mileage. I found this week to be the hardest so far and I couldn't figure out why. I guess you can't always have great runs. Every run this week seemed to drag on and I just couldn't get my spirits up. I finally felt better yesterday during my long run. I'm hoping that this week will pick up. 

I'm also learning to like my treadmill as I am doing most of my tempo runs on the treadmill.  I like to do my tempo runs on the treadmill as it keeps the speed at a steady pace. I was able to find a great treadmill cheat sheet to help me figure out what settings to use when I'm on the treadmill. It changed my life :)  

Long Run Sunday
As I am heading into week 7 of my training plan, I am excited at scared as the mileage will be increasing every week from now until the week before the marathon. I hope my body will be able to keep up with it and not break down. 

I was very excited this week to have gotten 7 other my friends to commit and sign up for the Niagara Fall's Women's Half Marathon next June, 2014. They thought I was crazy when I sent out the email, but there was an early bird special and I told them that they will each get a bottle of wine in their swag bag. It will be a first for a few of them, so I am super excited for all of them.  

Did you race this weekend? 

Have you ever been in a running slump? How did you get out of it?

Have a Great week!

Alice





No comments:

Post a Comment

Antelope Canyon 50 Miler Recap Part 2

We were lucky that the race start was only a 15 minute drive from our hotel, so we were able to sleep until the very last minute.  Race star...