Friday 12 July 2013

Sick AGAIN!!!

Yes, I am still sick, but this time with a nagging cough and cold. I was thinking that I was recovering well from the hand, foot, mouth virus and then I end up with a sore throat and an unforgiving cough last week. I finally dragged myself to see the doctor today to confirm that I have a sinus infection as well as a swollen throat from all the coughing.  ARGH!!! Thank goodness for drugs.

I am now coming to the end of week 8 of my marathon training plan and so far, so good. My knees started to ache a little at the end of week 7, so I took out my KT Tape and taped them up for my long run last Sunday and a few of my runs at the beginning of this week.

Love the pretty colours 

I was lucky enough to get outside for all my runs this week and 2 were with the baby. I think he's starting to enjoy the runs with me.

The gorgeous views



It has been quite a challenge to run with my cough, but it's been too nice to pass up a good run outdoors. With each week that is coming up, the mileage is increasing to numbers that I am not used to running. I now understand how much this sport is a mental challenge as much as it is a physical challenge.  I look forward to my long run tomorrow and look forward to writing about it.

Have a great weekend!

How do you deal with the mental aspect of running? 

Have you ever hit a wall in your training?






2 comments:

  1. I'm currently working on the mental aspect of running. I'm running my first half-marathon in less than 30 days and I am now completely terrified. I've been training but some days are good and some are horrible. I keep reciting little mantras and reminding myself just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on running your first half ! Which one will you be running? It's great that you have mantras to keep you going. I always say that there will be bad days, but GREAT days are up ahead.

      Delete

Antelope Canyon 50 Miler Recap Part 2

We were lucky that the race start was only a 15 minute drive from our hotel, so we were able to sleep until the very last minute.  Race star...