Wednesday 6 February 2013

No more bounce - Thanks Shock Absorber

This is week six of my half marathon training program and I'd like to say that it's been coming along nicely until I fell going up the stairs yesterday with my baby in my arms. No need to worry, the baby is fine. I on the other hand am an little banged up. I had just finished a nice 2.3 mile run on the treadmill too. I will take a few days off to nurse my bruises and sore muscles from straining to not squish the baby :)

I have been on the search for the perfect running bra. It's probably one of the most important items next to the running shoe, well at least for the ladies. I wouldn't consider myself a big busty lady, but I definitely have bounce when I run. Now that I'm nursing I've gone up a cup and have been looking for a bra with full support for my girls and also be comfortable enough to wear for the long distances that I will be running. I've read up on other blogs and tried to get some advice, but there doesn't seem to be much information out there.

I stumbled upon a sports bra called Shock Absorber in one of my late night searches online.

"Shock Absorber is the UK's leading sports bra brand and was launched in 1995 as a result of research conducted by Edinburgh University. The research showed that wearing a sports bra whilst you exercise can reduce breast movement by up to 79% and is twice as effective as a normal bra"


I was thrilled that they were available in Canada. They also have a Facebook page where I entered a contest and won :)  I received the Ultimate Run Bra in the mail the other day and was super excited to give it a try. 

The bra is sized like regulars bras not S,M,L. So you will get the right fit for your body. The bra has an "infinity-8 design" like a racerback, which gives and extra support and helps reduce the bounce. The moisture wicking material is super soft and with the padded straps makes it super comfortable. Even the material on the clasps is super soft.  I put it on and did a quick 2.3 mile run on the treadmill with it at all different speeds to test the "bounce" or lack of and then decided to do a few jumping jacks. I am pleased to say that there was almost no bounce and the bra is very comfortable. It is a nice snug fit, like a bear hug.  It didn't feel like so many of my other sports bras that "squish" my boobs into what many of us ladies call the "uniboob". This is probably because it's designed like a bra with proper cup fittings. I felt very well supported and had no issues with the bounce. I think this will now be my go to running bra. I am very happy that I finally found "the bra" for me. 


You can check them out on their website or on their Facebook page

http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk

https://www.facebook.com/ShockAbsorberCanada


* Note - I received the bra as prize. All opinions on this blog post are my own and I was not paid or required to give a particular opinion.


What sports bra do you like to run in? Any suggestions or recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Antelope Canyon 50 Miler Recap Part 2

We were lucky that the race start was only a 15 minute drive from our hotel, so we were able to sleep until the very last minute.  Race star...