Monday 7 January 2019

Happy New Year Welcome 2019

Happy New Year!  Hope you all had a great week. Training this well is still a bit off as the kids are still on their winter break and hubs is working.

New Year's Eve morning, I was able to sneak out for a quick morning road run with my run buddies before hubs had to head into work.  It had been a while since I ran on the road. Most of my runs this training cycle has been in the trails. I have realised how slow I have gotten from running in the trails.  It was a workout for me to keep up with my friends. They were kind enough to slow down their pace to keep me company.


Took the kids to Crafty Pots a local pottery painting place for the kids to keep busy and then we headed out to a friends place to ring in the new year.  It's a great place to spend the day.




Happy New Year !!!
New Years day was quiet as we all slept in. My mini me had been asking me where I run with my friends,  I was excited to take her out on the trails.  What a great way to start 2019.  She wanted to try something "hard" so we went out to an old ski hill that is apart of the Rouge Urban Forest Trail system.  I'm so proud of her making it all the way to the top without complaining. We were able to catch the sunset.





Wednesday was a full day with the kids at home and keeping them busy.   It was a fairly warm day so the kids and I decided to head out on bikes, scooters, and roller blades to the park.  Many people had been talking about Bird Box on Netflix, so I set it up on the iPad and headed down to the treadmill to see what all the chatter was about.  It definitely wasn't as scary as I thought and it made the time pass quickly.



I had decided to take Thursday off to rest up before the two long runs on Friday and Saturday. We ended up getting a small snow storm the night before and the kids were asking to go tobogganing. We headed out to a local hill with buddies and ran up and down the hills with the kids. What a difference in weather by just one day.


My buddies and I headed out to the trails for our first long run of 2. Since it was still holidays for some we had a few extras buddies join us for the first few hours.  We explored more of the Durham Forest and ran in a new section that we had no been in before.  The trails were still a bit icy from the week before with some fresh snow on top which made it quite slippery.  A few of my buddies ended up falling along the trails. Thank goodness we were going slow and the fluffy snow was there to soften the fall :)  We finished up with 31 km in 5 hours 27 minutes.




Saturday morning we headed to the Rouge Urban Forest which is further south. The trails were icy here, but less snow.  We saw a few deer, but the run was cut short because my friend tripped and twisted her ankle.  I finished the last few kilometres on the treadmill when I got home.


It was a great start to 2019.  I was able to spend time with the family and kids while getting in some pretty decent runs.  I also found out that I will be an ambassador for Endurance Tap for 2019.  I have been using Endurance Tap as one of my nutrition aids when training.  They are a Canadian product made with real natural ingredients - proprietary ginger, Canadian maple syrup, and sea salt. I have had no stomach distress with this energy gel. It goes down easy and tastes great.

How was your New Year's ? Any goals for 2019??


No comments:

Post a Comment

Antelope Canyon 50 Miler Recap Part 2

We were lucky that the race start was only a 15 minute drive from our hotel, so we were able to sleep until the very last minute.  Race star...