Monday 10 June 2013

Zola Coconut Water Review

I have always loved coconut products, so when the opportunity came up to review Zola for Fit Approach/Sweat Pink, I jumped at the opportunity.  They sent 3 full size bottles. Two were coconut water and one was their Acai original juice.



I have been using coconut water in my smoothies and have also used them alone to replenish after exercising. Did you know that coconut water is full of electrolytes?? It's funny, but I actually didn't know that until I started running. I just liked coconut products. I like to have my coconut water cold, so I threw them into the fridge and went for a quick run. 

The sizes of the cans are very generous at 520ml. The first one I tried was the one with pulp as I like pulp in my juices. The coconut water was very refreshing and easy to digest. The taste is not very strong and quite light with no after taste. I liked large size however it would be nice if I was in a resealable bottle instead of a can. I liked the coconut pieces (pulp) that was at the bottom. I used a straw to get out all the pulp.

I tried the natural coconut water a few days later after another run and it was just as good as the one with pulp. This time I only drank half the can and saved the rest for my smoothies. I have tried a number of different brands and I must say this is one of my favourites. I like the portion sizes, not too big and not too small. I usually buy mine in one litre size tetra packs. I can pack the Zola cans into a cooler for summer activities and they fit right in my cup holder in the car.  I gave some to my 4 year old to try and she also gave it a thumbs up.

I tried the Organic Acai juice last with my 4 year old. She liked this the most as it was quite sweet with a bit of tartness. I mixed mine with some of the coconut water. Acai berries are loaded with tons of antioxidants, so its a win win for everyone.  I like that this product is organic, gluten and  GMO free and 100% vegan.

I highly recommend using coconut water to rehydrate and if you're not a fan of coconut water, I say give the Zola Coconut water a try as the taste is very subtle and not overpowering.  Thanks to Sweat Pink and Zola for the yummy Coconut Water and Acai Juice!

*Disclaimer I was given products to sample and all opinions on this blog post are my own and I was not paid or required to give a particular opinion

Have you tried coconut water or acai juice?

What's your favourite post-exercise drink?

What's your favourite brand?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Antelope Canyon 50 Miler Recap Part 2

We were lucky that the race start was only a 15 minute drive from our hotel, so we were able to sleep until the very last minute.  Race star...