Thursday 14 February 2019

Week 11 Slow Week of Training Jan 21-26

After the long run over the weekend, I started to feeling a bit under the weather.  By Sunday, it was starting to look worse. Runny nose, coughing and just lethargic.  We had a pretty bad snow storm over the weekend.

Monday morning, we wake up to bus cancellations and lots of snow. Hubs and I decide to drive the kids to school so that I can take a rest day at home. I had hoped to join my buddies for a run, but I was scheduled to fly to Hong Kong the next day and I was still feeling like crap. I ended up sleeping the entire day away until I had to wake up to pick up the kids from school.

I headed to work on Tuesday. This week I was flying to Hong Kong with my friends, which meant that there would be little to no working out. I was kind of o.k with it as I knew the long runs this weekend would be long... but who's kidding who, they are always long.


I ended up spending my layover with my friends eating and not running. My excuse was that I had a long run to rest up for on the weekend :)


I arrived back home on another wintery Thursday night. Our flight was slightly delayed due the the late arrival of the in bound plane.  I was happy to be back, but knew I had to prepare for the long runs ahead.

We had 25 and 20 miles on deck for this weekend.  We decided to take it onto the road because of time restrictions and the weather.


The run started out fairly decent when we started out, but then we headed out into the country roads and then winds picked up. My buddy was able to capture a shot of me getting caught up in a snow squall. The blowing snow made it impossible to see but thankfully we were on the country roads with no cars to be seen for miles. We finished in time for me to pick the kiddies up from the bus stop.

I was so tired after this run and just fed up with the run, that I decided to take the next run indoors and onto the treadmill.  I had not done a long run on the treadmill since the last training cycle, so it took some mental preparation but the thought of being inside away from the blowing wind and snow made it bearable; along with a few Netflix episodes.


I was able to catch up on shows that I had not watched in ages.  After this treadmill run, I am now currently hooked on Schitt's Creek. It's a hilarious Canadian sitcom filmed just north of where I live. The cast includes father and son duo Eugene and Dan Levy.  I highly recommend it to everyone.

Do you like to watch shows while running on the treadmill?  Any recommendations?

Have a great week








No comments:

Post a Comment

Antelope Canyon 50 Miler Recap Part 2

We were lucky that the race start was only a 15 minute drive from our hotel, so we were able to sleep until the very last minute.  Race star...