Monday 21 April 2014

A Family Affair

Happy Monday. It's Boston Monday! 
Runners and non-runners around the world will have their eyes focused on Boston this year. Good luck to all those running this year. 

Ever since I started running I had hoped that my family would join me one day and that day is quickly approaching. My daughter will be running her first event at the Mercedes-Benz Oakville 10K Race this Sunday April 27.  She has been talking about this day to all who will listen and has already chosen her race day outfit. 

I had first heard about this race a few years ago from my running mentors. They had told me that it was a scenic course, the medals were one of a kind and there was a chance of winning a Mercedes-Benz.  I had put it on my bucket lists of races to run. I was even more excited to find out that there was a 'Family Fun Zone' to keep the kids busy and races for children from 1 year old and up. 

I had all my friends, husband and daughter sign up for the race and I was going to be their personal cheerleader this year. To my surprise, I was contacted by the race organization and was generously given a bib to participate in the 10k. I am thrilled as I will be able to run alongside my husband and our many friends. I will also be that crazy running mommy cheering my little one to the finish. I am looking forward to some warmer weather and having the whole family out for what looks to be a great weekend for running.



Have a Fantastic week.

Do you enter your children into races? 

Is running a family affair for you?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Antelope Canyon 50 Miler Recap Part 2

We were lucky that the race start was only a 15 minute drive from our hotel, so we were able to sleep until the very last minute.  Race star...