Monday 11 November 2013

Waiting game

The month of October seemed to have blown right by. I returned to work after my year off and ran my first marathon. Now what am I supposed to do??

After the race I had some pain on the top of my right foot. After consulting my run buddy/chiropractor, I think I may have a slight stress fracture. I am waiting for my doctor to return from his month long vacation to see if I can get it checked out. 

I have not run much because of this pain as I am terrified of making worse, but not being able to run has also been tough. I had hoped to finish off the race season with a half marathon a few weeks ago, but decided not to just in case it is a stress fracture. It was a tough decision for me as I love to race and was hoping to go for another PB, but I think it was the right decision. 

I have learned to not be so stubborn and just let it go and listen to my body. There are so more races that I would like to run one day. Running injured is not pleasant and you could make your injury worse. 

Have you had to take time off from running due to an injury?

What did you do to keep yourself active while injured?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Antelope Canyon 50 Miler Recap Part 2

We were lucky that the race start was only a 15 minute drive from our hotel, so we were able to sleep until the very last minute.  Race star...